Internet Chess Club

Monday, March 26, 2012

Who Killed TRAYVON MARTIN?

FLORIDA ain't got nothin' on ALASKA for "Shoot First" Laws.

"What's that?" He asked threateningly. I said nothing as I walked my mountainbike past the menacing red-jacketed man. He displayed his shoulder holster. "Oh, a gun..." I mumbled after giving the weapon a cursory look. Pausing briefly on the greenbelt, I thought to myself, "This bigot has got to know that I don't want any trouble." After my quick glance, he said, "Yeah, motherfucker! Got a problem with it?" I held my silence. I had begun to ascend the trail once more to the illegal campsite. "That's right," he continued as I made my way up the wooded path. "Uh-huh, boy! You know what time it is," he jeered while repeatedly clearing his throat and coughing behind me. At any moment, I half-expected to be shot in the back. "Didn't you hear me, nigger? We only want Whites living here. Understand?" That's when I considered my moral obligation to retreat and thought to myself, "Shit! I'm the one who's unarmed." -Centennial Park, Anchorage, Alaska : Summer 2011 (A Factual Account)

Image

Zimmerman shot Martin dead the night of Feb. 26, after following him for several minutes. Zimmerman told police Martin looked suspicious because he was wearing a hoodie, and when he confronted him the two fought -- ultimately resulting in a single bullet in Martin's chest.

"A person who uses force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force ... A law enforcement agency ... may not arrest the person for using force unless it determines that there is probable cause that the force that was used was unlawful."

No comments: