Internet Chess Club

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Houston TX

Tuesday, 3 June 2003. It is rare for me to cover this much research ground in a single day and I give credit for the progress I am making to the vitamins I am taking. I am able to focus more directly on the purpose of this journal: Boatbuilding!

The plans for the Glen-L 7.9 are on order along with books I find crucial to the task. In the meantime I am attempting to get caught-up on some much needed foundational groundwork: Mathematics, tools and their uses, seamanship and boathandling; things I need to read now in order to make this [dream] of mine a reality.

“It is extremely hard work but if the Hindus can dedicate 12-to-16 hours a day studying astrophysics in third-world conditions – under conditions that make my circumstances look decadent – then I can spend at least eight hours doing intense boatbuilding research. ‘It’s all about information and applied science: You’d better know what you’re doing.’”

Right now it seems like a ton of work and it feels as if I’m going off into irrelevant directions but I know that all this knowledge will come together when I’m challenged with some problem in boatbuilding (or at sea) in the future.

No comments: